Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Maybe, I was never made for it.

I am confused. Actually, I was always confused but I am even more confused now. I guess you'll get a feeling of the state of my mind while reading this.

A day before yesterday i.e. on Sunday, I took the GATE exam. As I've written before, it didn't go too well but I still had some hope.
Yesterday, I got a short-listed for GD/PI for MBA in NITIE, Mumbai. Good enough but as I wrote before I am not interested.
Today, I calculated my marks in GATE exam using solutions from The Hindu. I got less than half marks than my previous attempt. I am doomed.

This is the first time in my life that I am thinking of doing MBA. And I have a good reason for this.

If I can't score well enough in an entrance exam based on basic Computer Science, how in the hell will I cope up with the course at IIT? Maybe it's not the right career path for me. Maybe I am not fit to be a Computer Science geek. Maybe I was never good enough to write computer vision algorithms or develop game engines.

On the contrary and in support of my thought, I performed quite well in MBA entrance exams. Despite the fact that I never even thought of preparing for MBA. I took CAT with ZER0 preparation and scored better than almost all my 230 batchmates, including atleast 20 serious MBA aspirants.

If similar things continue to happen in the coming month, I will probably do MBA, now or after 2-3 years of work-ex at Infosys.

And I'll quit Computer Science forever.
Maybe, I was never made for it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

just wait n watch,god is very kind to us he will award best.now you should concen.over nitie gd/interview.belive me mba does not mean bye bye to computer degree.after visiting mumbai we all will wait for gate result.i am confident u shall obtained higher percentile than last. papa

Anonymous said...

chiku.. u are deciding things early by just facing very little challenges .. .. u r already a g33k ! . n u cant help it either...
bye.. with luv.
Swaroop
] ur dad says better bout it [