Thursday, April 07, 2005

When I went Offline…

Almost 3 weeks and no blog post. But the reason this time wasn’t my laziness.

I went to my nani’s (maternal grandmother) place, Chandpur. It’s a small village-like town, quite backward in IT. So, I spent over a week without Internet. There is a cyber-café somewhere in that place (I couldn’t find where!) but it costs a bomb at Rs. 60/hr as compared to Rs. 10/hr in most cities. To make matters worse, my Reliance mobile phone didn’t work there (I can check my email and do WAP surfing on it). So, I was left completely disconnected.

But contrary to my belief, I actually enjoyed it. I can’t explain the feeling but the urge of checking email faded in a few days and I was free :) This isolation has changed me a bit. Now I don’t feel like staying online on Yahoo Messenger 24x7. I don’t want to check my email 10 times a day. No idea whether it’s good or not, but I like it.

Anyways, I had my birthday on April 2 and my father almost read my mind and offered me to buy a PDA as a birthday gift. I am SUPER excited about this and I have read over 50 reviews in various magazines and websites to choose the perfect one. And, the perfect one is Palm Zire 72. So until and unless, Palm launches a new PDA this week I am all set to buy my first Palm.

Hopefully my next post will be about my new Palm :)

1 comment:

Vaibhav Choudhary said...

Sorry Chiku,

Forget to wish your Birthday !!!

Late chala Ga Naa .!!!

Lots and Lots of Happiness in your life !!!!