Thursday, December 15, 2005

First exams at IIT.

My first semester at IIT Roorkee is finally over. The result is out and I got 8.36/10 and I am quite happy with myself because this arguably is the first time I studied decently for exams.

I must say at IIT exams are very different from my undergrad institute. There, unlike here, exams were quite fun. We mostly had open book exams with a few design questions which meant I never studied for exams :-D.

But that also meant I never studied any course book at all. All my knowledge was (and sadly is) limited to what I heard in lectures or read casually (out of interest) from Internet. I guess such exams are best for places like MIT/Stanford or for PG/PhD students who have gone through their course books thoroughly and are interested applying the knowledge to practical applications. For UG students it's best to have theory exams so that they at least read there course books properly once.

Anyways it's better late than never. Now I always make a serious attempt to read my course books whether I am interested or not. And I think it is working out well!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Recently I have made a project through which home gudgets can be controlled through mobile phone. feel free visit my blog.


Thanx