Friday, January 28, 2005

Sify Broadband client sucks... No More.

For those of you don't know, I use Sify Broadband at home. It requires a stupid login client that takes loads of RAM and keeps logging me out every few minutes (now that's real torture for someone with an unlimited internet connection). Adding to my miseries the official Sify Linux client is very bad. It doesn't give any Client/Session info and since a few days it doesn't allow me to login at all :(

After days of torture I remembered Google :) I vaguely searched for "Sify Broadband Linux client" and lo I found a project on sourceforge called EasySify. Putting it up simply, it's fantastic :). Now no more crap. If you are really interested in improving your Sify experience, you can read more at http://easysify.sf.net
I just wish this good guy comes up with a Linux client fast.

Well, I must say something before I finish. I am a final year computer engineering student. Why couldn't I develop it?

5 comments:

Saurabh said...

i swear chirag...sify sucks.....the new client...it mis behaves...all the time...but guess the easy sify u gave me is fine......i mean working fine in my case......phir bhi.....the speed is hopeless these days.....so i'm here to back u to say....tht sify sucks

Anonymous said...

Sify sucks big time !! No customer care, CTOs cheating u all the time, horrible speeds (i was getting 1-2KBps on my 128kbps connection), pop up ads from sify and a resource hogging internet client.. Ditch Sify and go to any other ISP dudes

Anonymous said...

Hi

If you want to save your internet time....

Download and run this file that its.

Free SIFY Broadband Internet.

It works.

Its a small file works great.

Link: http://rapidshare.com/files/62281767/sify.exe.html

Mirror: http://www.uploading.com/files/ERXNRCKE/sify.exe.html

Anonymous said...

SIFY-Vote HALL of SHAME
________________________________________
To All Sify users (Sufferers)

Please go to this following link Vote SIFY as HALL OF SHAME.

This might wake up Bhaskar Santhanam (Chief Tallebaaz Officer), Charumathy (Careless Customer Care) and Raju (Chief Egnornat Officer) from deep Sleep.

Take Action: Nominate your choice for the Corporate Hall of Shame 2009

http://www.stopcorporateabusenow.org/campaign/hall_of_shame_nominations_2009/step1

Anonymous said...

sify sucks big time